“Navigating Through the Open Metaverse Together” — The Most Astounding Insight from MGH’s AMA with Chainlink
Written by Robin Prock
“How will MGH lead “the masses” into the Metaverse? What are the next strategies on your roadmap?”
These are just two of the exciting — and tricky — questions that three of our team members were “grilled with” in an AMA with Chainlink on January 14.
Joining from MGH were our Founder, Nicolas Weber, our Oracle infrastructure programmer, Santiago Hernandez, and our lead Blockchain Architect, Phil Thomson — taking questions from Chainlink’s Community Manager, Marc Romero…
…and the result is not only a detailed and simple explanation of how MGH navigates you safely through the Open Metaverse but also a clear roadmap, what we will implement step by step in the next weeks and months.
Great thanks to Chainlink for this opportunity! — And now you get all the insights from the AMA in easy to understand and “bite-sized” pieces:
What Is MGH and How Will It Lead More People into the Metaverse?
Like a bridge connecting two shores, MGH connects DeFi, data (the most important “commodity” in the 21st century!), and the Metaverse. The idea for the project came from two serious problems that have plagued the Open Metaverse so far:
- At the moment, mostly large, centralized parties “rule” over LAND in the metaverse — LAND as in The Sandbox, Decentraland…
- Unfortunately, people keep losing money with their Metaverse assets because of the lack of fair pricing and transparency…
…what are the solutions we have found to these problems?
- We have created a “digital state” with its own LAND in the Open Metaverse — so far in The Sandbox, Decentraland, and Somnium Space (but we’re expanding, read more below). “Kings” of these LANDs are not us, but our community. Our community governs the LAND and decides how we monetize it: be it through venues, events, art galleries, and games. These games are — while you are reading these lines — developed in partnership with several universities. For example, the University of Aachen and Frankfurt.
- Together with ITRM, we have developed a unique algorithm for Metaverse LAND. It prevents you from paying too much for your LAND by predicting a fair and transparent price. (Why don’t you try it out? Evaluate your LAND from The Sandbox and Decentraland in our d’app) This is our first tool to navigate users through the Open Metaverse… in addition, we also generate revenue with the NFT Valuation Data on the marketplaces of Chainlink and the Ocean DAO…
…so how do we bring people into the Open Metaverse? We let them a.) vote on LAND, b.) give them fun and entertainment in these LANDs, c.) improve their experience with our tools, and d.) we unite the Dataverse and the Metaverse.
This last point is particularly important to us:
Because DeFi protocols could use our valuation data, thereby making it possible for you to get a loan on your NFTs! — We are currently working on this together with Zharta… or NFT marketplaces could integrate our valuations to offer you fair prices.
Data is therefore the coals in the furnace of the Metaverse. Data fuels it and catapults it into the future.
That’s why we firmly believe that the Metaverse is the “killer application for crypto adoption,” as our Founder Nicolas says. Here, anyone can exchange value — data, skins, gaming weapons — without needing a Harvard degree in cryptography.
We’re seeing this trend towards the Metaverse right now with exploding projects like The Sandbox, Decentraland… but subsequently, the hype will spill over to the projects that build on it — projects that, like MGH, guide new users safely and easily through the Open Metaverse.
This is exactly our mission: “Navigating through the Open Metaverse together” — as our founder Nicolas Weber aptly puts it.
The question, however, is: How will we continue to implement and refine this mission in the coming weeks and months?
What Can You Expect from MGH in the Coming Weeks and Months?
Behind MGH is a free-spirited team whose “office” is the entire globe. So we combine not only different backgrounds, but above all many talents — talents that allow us to work, develop, research, and write on five different fronts at the same time:
1. Metaverse Strategy
- We are satisfying our “LAND hunger” and will be expanding into more Metaverses — our next targets are FLUF World (where we already have 6 NFTs), Bloktopia (a VR Metaverse on Polygon), and Bit Country (a user-generated Metaverse).
- We will integrate entertainment into our LANDs — with experiences, games, meetups… our LAND in Somnium, Decentraland, and The Sandbox shall become a meeting point for our community, vibrating with life.
- We will be hosting community events and META NFTs meetups (it’s time to shine for our own NFT collection).
- We will finally bring our governance to the Metaverse — there you will be able to discuss and vote with us…
…but it’s not enough to just transplant us and our community into the Metaverse. We also want to convince new users of this unique opportunity — with the help of our:
2. Tool strategy
- We’ll be working hard to make sure you get even more accurate and transparent pricing with our NFT Valuation Tool… and of course, our tool will integrate more Metaverses.
- We are further developing our Valuation Interface by integrating slots for “more useful data and a subscription model for MGH Holders, which will be used to buy and burn MGH” — as our lead Blockchain Architect Phil Thomson says.
- We are integrating our NFT Valuation into several marketplaces. We will also deliver a brand new editor to the Decentraland community that will make it even faster and easier for developers to build in Decentraland — without a background in coding!
- Finally, we will launch the first NFT Pool (March 1st), with which you can not only stake your LAND for passive income; but especially small investors can profit from the upswing of virtual worlds in an uncomplicated and cheap way…
…but these unique tools are not ours (we are not a “Web 2.0 Company”), no, we put them in your hands:
3. IP NFT Strategy
- Inspired by Vita DAO, we want to give you as a member of our DAO true ownership of all our tools — by forging (like blacksmiths in their forgery) unique IP NFTs for our algorithms, datasets, and much, much more!…
…and our community should not only be in charge, but it should also continue to grow:
4 Accelerating Growth of the Community
- Of course, through more educational content that both deepens your knowledge and entertains you at the same time… we do this through podcasts, articles, videos — and most importantly, we have a LATAM Metaverse event planned and a Metaverse conference in Frankfurt…
…but the last point is extremely special because MetaGameHub will not only remain a protocol but:
5. Migration to other chains
- We will be launching our own blockchain in the Cosmos ecosystem — built with the Cosmos SDK — where our $MGH token will be the native token on the blockchain…
…with this “multi-front attack” we will not only make our $MGH token more useful but also fulfill our basic concept: MetaFi — the connection of the Metaverse with DeFi.
None of this would be possible without our valued partner Chainlink. Chainlink is what the Golden Gate Bridge is to San Francisco: an indispensable connection.
How Are MetaGameHub DAO and Chainlink Working Together?
Today, everything revolves around data like the earth revolves around the sun: better data means more effective companies, higher revenue, a more relaxed user experience.
MGH DAO is taking full advantage of this trend by “bringing more transparency, insight, and DeFi tools to the Metaverse,” as our Oracle infrastructure developer Santiago Hernandez says.
Storing data on the blockchain is expensive and costly — just storing one MB will cost you tens of thousands of dollars. That’s why Chainlink helps us get data onto the blockchain cheaply, easily, and most importantly, in a decentralized way:
Chainlink is the “highway that connects” the smart contracts of our d’app to our LAND Valuation API. Chainlink unites the Blockchain with our Artificial Intelligence.
How does it work?
Think of it like a human heart pumping blood through your bloodstream into your limbs — and from there back into your heart:
- Our smart contracts are the heart and core of our business logic — they connect our d’app. There you send your request (how much is my land worth?), and the heart pumps it into the bloodstream:
- The bloodstream is the Chainlink Oracle. It transports your request from our d’app and routes it to the “limbs:”
- …the external adapter. This adapter converts your request so that it can be processed by our Valuation Tool. Then the Valuation Tool sends the data back to the external adapter, further to the Chainlink Oracle (the bloodstream), and finally to the d’app (the heart), where you get a fair price for your LAND…
…these were in summary the insights from our AMA with Chainlink — our mission, our strategy, and our indispensable partnership with Chainlink.
Nevertheless, I have omitted the most important question so far:
How can you explore the Metaverse with us together? Become part of our community and — if you want to — work with us to navigate more and more people through the Open Metaverse?
How Can You Stay up to Date and Keep in Touch with MGH?
- If you want more information about MGH, visit our Website
- For a sharpshooter-like view over the whole project, read our Whitepaper.
- Work together with us in a Working Group.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Follow us on Instagram
- Check out MGH on LinkedIn.
- Discuss, write, and celebrate with us on Telegram.
- Talk, laugh, and enjoy the time on Discord.